Macy's July 4th Fireworks are on going to be on the Hudson River this year, and like every independence day it's going to be crowded, hot, and definitely worth seeing. Here are some idea locations to scope out for your personal viewing:
- Along 59th and 11th Avenue
- Piers 54 and Pier 84 (West St. and 13th St. / West St. and 44th St.)
- Aboard a Water Taxi as part of their Fourth of July Cruise
- For those who have old-fashioned taste, sale aboard the Clipper City.
- Wine and dine among the stars (or what you can see) at the Press Lounge at Ink48 or the Sky Room at the Marriott Times Square.
- And for those adventurous ones, you can venture to Hoboken for a NYC skyline view.
- Or if you prefer the comforts of A/C and your TV you can watch on NBC
Like any big event in NYC it's best to stake our your spot early (those cane/chairs are mighty handy). Also keep in mind that there will be random bag searches at official viewing spots - so keep it clean and safe.
Oh and buy your glow-in-the-dark light saber (Fourth of July version) in advance.
via New York Magazine