6 Cool Recipes to Survive the Rest of Summer
With the weather being so humid I've been doing my best to avoid the kitchen and heating up small apartment. Here are some simple recipes I've been referring to most of the summer.
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee - When it's too hot to make an iced coffee run, pouring one from your fridge is not too bad either.
- Chia Seed Pudding - Add cinnamon for flavor and frozen fruit that will quickly thaw before you know it as you browse your Instagram or Twitter feed for the day.
- Lavender Lemonade - This was a popular trend at the start of summer but never got around to trying it until now. Lavender by the Bay's stall at the Union Square GreenMarket always makes it easy to grab some on your way home.
- Banana Crumb Cake - Take advantage of those rare cool days. Bake and eat. Cut into 4 big slices, throw it freeze and you have breakfast to last you the next few weeks.
- Avocado Pasta - A change from avocado toast and tossing it in your salad. Here's a handy tip to depit and a chart to determine if its ripe or not.
- Coconut Jelly - This recipe is vegetarian and vegan-friendly and using agar-agar powder (a plant-based gelling agent) instead of gelatin. Pour it in your favorite mold for something picture worthy.