|Ticket from Titanic Exhibition|
If you stop by the South Street Seaport, one of the first things you'll see is a lighthouse. That lighthouse serves as a memorial for all the people brought to port. Note: The South Street Seaport location was not it's original spot and moved for historical preservation.
Here are a few of the events going on in NYC in honor of the centennial:
- Join the South Street Seaport for their exhibition about the history and fascination with the ship's sinking.
- Queens College will be showcasing documents collected from people who wrote about the days following the sinking.
- Seamen Church Institute examines the effort from local New Yorks did to help the survivors.
- Watch Julian Fellows (Gosford Park, Downton Abbey) Titanic miniseries April 14 and 15. Bonus: seeing the newest Doctor Who companion in action.
- Gemini & Scorpio are holding a Drowned Ball at the Zanger Hall
- Titanic in 3D is now playing in select theaters.