It's International Lolita Day tomorrow and while it's mostly about getting together with long lost friends, it's also important to reflect why you love this frilly fashion. Do something different and have fun spending time with yourself too!
It's nice to recharge and reflect why you like this fashion of lace and petticoates; loving it not only because of the friends you've found but how much you've grown as a person overall.
Here are 10 ideas you can do by yourself but can easily do with friends too!
1. Go out visit the museum like the Museum of Art and Design, you'd be amazed how serene walking through galleries alone area.
2. Treat yourself to an expensive meal. Indulge yourself. Or try something new at the Japan Block Fair.
3. Go see a movie you wouldn't normally see by yourself. No one you know will see you cry during When Marnie Was There.
4. Get a summer version of the St. Honore, strawberry and pistachio, at Laduree.
5. Request to sit in a cafe by the window and just people-watch.
6. Be a tourist and check out the World One Observatory.
7. Do some retail therapy at Planet Cute.
8. Book-browsing at the Albertine, a store devoted to French literature (books are in French and English.
9. Buy a dried flower bouquet at the Union Square Farmer's Market.
10. Visit the Hello Kitty Time Capsule.