7 Resolutions for the New Year That You Can Really Keep!
Happy 2017! We all make resolutions that we never keep but here are a few that you can apply if you love Lolita and are in it for the long haul:
- Closet clean that wardrobe. Having read Mari Kondo's book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, a few months ago I've really gotten motivated. Your styles may have changed over time or you've hung onto items long after realizing which cuts suit you best.
- Revamp your wishlist. Whenever you started Lolita or love of designer fashion, you've probably created a wishlist of items to own. It's probably grown since you've started and hasn't really changed, just added on. Now's the time to curate what you really, really want to own!
- Budget your income. This is tricky as everyone says they want to do this but never gets around. Start with big stuff (rent/allowance, cellphone, groceries) - these numbers don't change too much and you'll know how much to reserve. Whatever else is extra (if there is leftover) can be devoted to stuff like savings and credit cards. Don't rely on credit cards a lot - it's a slippery slope. Hiding it outside your wallet helps too.
- Go solo. Have an adventure in Lolita by yourself. It's scary but it will exhilarate you and really give you a confidence boost.
- Treat yourself. Splurge on a meal you would never do every week. A full dinner course (tea, dinner, dessert) at Laduree is a luxury that you should do at least once.
- Meditate. Take 10, 20 minutes out of your day or week to meditate. This is a good way to center yourself, clear those anxiety fears, and focus your mind on improving your cute lifestyle. I love using the SimplyYoga app and Sworkit.
- Fly away. Go on a group vacation with close friends. Far off Lolita events like a Street Fashion Europe event or Baby, the Stars Shine Bright San Francisco anniversary tea party is a great opportunity to see sights with the people you've really grown to care about! Or start small and go to a convention you've never been before.
What are your goals for this year?